a 16 ton load of 'fertilizer' (ashes from gassed and cremated Jews) from a now forgotten extermination camp, to a farmers' supply store in Krakow.
Below is an extract from the report, and I've added a map for clarity, although I was unable to find a village named Pustelnik near the town of Dębica.
38. On three occasions in about Aug. 42. informant had to take coal to the crematorium in the village of PUSTELNIK about 6klm. from DEBICA which is about 145klm. from CRACOW on the road to LEMBERG.
39. Polish workmen working in the "fertilizer" stores told him that from 450-500 Jews and Poles (mainly Jews) are cremated every day. The Jews are said to come in the main from a distance.
40. The victims are gassed in a special chamber. Suffocation takes about 15 minutes. The bodies are them removed by Ukrainians and Jews to the crematorium and the ashes after cremation filled into sacks and described as "fertilizer".
41. Informant has on his three journeys taken 7 tons, 9 tons and 16 tons back to CRACOW and delivered to a store at LWOWSKA no.9 from where the "fertilizer" us [sic] rationed out to the farmers.
42. It is also possible to buy this "fertilizer" in the Black market at Szl. 40-50. - per sack.
43. The crematorium is run by the S.S. and S.A. and of course the workmen are prisoners and not allowed to leave.
M.I.19. (R.P.S. [= Royal Patriotic School]) /1768. 03.09.1943. "Interrogation of:- Polish Lorry driver, born 19, Jul. 12. Left Cracow 28 Mar. 43." p.4. UK NA: WO 208/1570. I was made aware of this report by Joel Zisenwine who briefly summarises it (but fails to mention the man was Volksdeutsche, employed by the N.S.D.A.P. for a period, and the enormous quantities of "fertilizer" he is supposed to have claimed to have delivered) in his article 'British Intelligence and Information about Murder by Gas' in the Yad Vashem Studies 41/1, 2013, pp.171-172.